Please stay in touch! Complete the Alumni Information Form to stay up-to-date.
Then, connect with us.
The FVTC Foundation supports the needs of Fox Valley Tech students, programs, and facilities, providing financial support to thousands of FVTC students each year, and helping them pay for tuition, books, and other expenses.
Giving That Works
Donations to the FVTC Foundation, Inc. may be made in a variety of ways. A donation can be made at any time and may qualify as a charitable contribution for federal and state income taxes, as well as on estate tax returns.
Outstanding Alumni Award Recipient
Ben Rehme, journeyman tool and die maker at Ariens Company, has been named the recipient of the Fox Valley Technical College 2023 Outstanding Alumni Award.
Rehme earned an associate degree in industrial welding in 2012 and has earned the award for demonstrating the value of technical education through career advancement, community service, continued personal and educational growth, and support of the Wisconsin Technical College System.
“In high school, I liked technical education classes but I didn’t necessarily like the format of school and didn’t know if I wanted to complete a certificate, technical diploma or full degree,” Ben recounts. “But once I was in the program at FVTC, my views on school changed and I fell in love with learning.”
After working in the welding field for a number of years, Ben returned to FVTC as a tool and die apprentice in the Machine Tool program. He credits both degrees with helping him tremendously as an employee of Ariens Co. “I started with the company after high school and I know I have a lot of opportunities in the future to grow professionally with the company,” Ben explains. “My diverse background and multiple degrees have helped me become a valuable asset for the company and allowed me to work with a large variety of people and divisions throughout Ariens in a leadership role.”
Not one to stop learning, Ben found himself back at FVTC in 2018 where he’s been taking firefighting classes while volunteering with the Brillion Fire Department. He is also an active member and volunteer at Brillion Trinity Lutheran Church and School where he helps with major projects, facility maintenance and fundraising. Ben also teaches students about fire prevention and safety along with helping the STEM program at Brillion Public Schools. “I feel it is important to give back to the community as I had lots of great opportunities provided to me by others when I was growing up in Brillion. This is also part of the culture working here at the Ariens Company.”
And it’s possible the college has not heard the last from Ben. If the opportunity ever presents itself, Ben would like to return as an instructor.
You're Welcome Here
Congratulations on being one of the thousands of Fox Valley Tech alumni! As someone who has been through our doors and knows us well, you have access to a variety of additional resources. And who knows? Further involvement with FVTC just might open up some new doors. Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Help a future student. Support a scholarship.
- Continue to attend community events
- Make a difference in the lives of students by supporting the FVTC Foundation
- Hire FVTC graduates through Employment Connections
- Focus on professional development - enroll in a seminar
- Become an Advisory Committee member
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter
- Let others know that FVTC grads get jobs
- Teach our students as an adjunct faculty member
- Participate in Student Life travel and volunteer opportunities
- Learn a foreign language or study abroad
- Check out our library
- Take a class for fun or continuing education
- Dine with us on campus, including our full-service Ione's Dining Room
- Read about the latest student success stories in Focus magazine
- Become a partner
- Champion higher education by becoming a legislative advocate
- Connect with us online through social media
- Host or mentor an international student
- Bring your talents to Fox Valley Tech - apply for an open position